Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Recap

It's officially Monday, and I'm on my last day of vacation and up before 7am - go figure. Danny's mom is back from New York (she went up with my sister-in-law and her husband for a wedding) and Sunday/Monday each week are his nights to stay with her. So maybe I couldn't sleep because I didn't have him there to cuddle with - I seem to have forgotten how to sleep well and sleep in without him. Yes, it's weird (well, not really "weird" I guess, but I use that term for lack of a better one) that he spends two nights a week with his mom. Truthfully, it kinda sucks. A lot. But there's not a lot we can do about it at the moment. There are 6 kids, and none of us have the room to move her in with us, and she can't stay by herself all the time, so three of our families share nights at mom's. Anyways... Back to our weekend... :)

Friday we tried a new brick oven pizza place in Trinity - I highly recommend that if you live in our area, you NEVER EVER go there!! First of all, it wasn't even a "real" brick oven, and it looked like someone made a big "oops" and had a huge splotch of unfinished plaster over part of it. The heat source was gas, not logs, and I'm quite certain there wasn't a real brick in the thing. Our garlic knots were rock hard, Italian sub was horrible and we had to ask for the oil/vinegar stuff that usually accompanies an italian sub, and the pizza was soupy. Yes, it was soupy and soggy except the few inches around the outside crust. We both had horrible gas and upset stomachs pretty much the rest of the day. Not so much on the fake brick oven pizza place.

Then we went to the AMC theater in Oldsmar to watch Good Luck Chuck. Even though there are two theaters much closer (and it's much more expensive), we prefer that one because of the "stadium seating". You'd never have to worry about not seeing over someone's head in that place (unless they were freakishly tall, and by that I mean way over 8' tall, and even then their head still probably wouldn't block your view), and the seats are incredibly comfy. We laughed until we almost cried, or gagged, depending on which scene. There was one scene in there (I won't spoil it for you by telling you) that literally made Danny gag - I thought he was going to lose his lunch right there in the theater. The guy behind him was gagging, too, and I was pulling my tshirt up over my face trying not to look... Lots of T&A in that movie, and very funny - so if you don't mind all the skin, I highly recommend it.

After that, we picked up the kids and went by Mom & Dad's - Danny helped my Dad put a new sink and cabinet in his bathroom. I watched cartoons with the kids until Mom got home & we chatted for a bit, then Danny & I went to go fill in for some friends and play ball in Dunedin. On Saturday, we dropped the kids at Mom & Dad's (THANKS!!!!) and headed up to my brother-in-law's house in Spring Hill, helped him load the trailer for his run to the junk yard, chatted a bit with him and his wife, I setup her email on her computer to go through Outlook Express, then the boys loaded up the AC part in the Expo and we headed home. Kind of funny now that I think about it - Danny drove that puppy over to his mom's last night with the AC still in the truck! I think it's the condenser - the part that sits outside your house? Not sure... Anyways, for dinner we went to the store and picked up some steak, provalone cheese and hoagie rolls, and Danny made this melt-in-your-mouth steak sandwich covered in Marsala sauce loaded with mushrooms! AWESOME! This one definitely goes on the menu when he opens a diner (someday). After that we hung out and watched TV, completely uninterrupted until we dozed off. Sunday we went out for breakfast, picked up oil for the boat, and cleaned/hung out at home until it was time to go to my sister's house for a family dinner. Tasha seems to be doing really well, seems to be happy, and Ed seems like a super nice guy. I need to get over there and spend more time with her - teach her how to crochet so she has something to do while she's home alone... I'm hoping the weather will play nice today and we'll get to go fishing, but it's not looking good right now. We'll see...

No comments: