Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The distress call and WFH

School’s been back in session all of 2 weeks, and I got my first distress call yesterday from the school. Kyle had a REALLY bad morning yesterday, so after 5 missed calls and an email from my husband (oops! had the phone on vibrate at work - what was I thinking?!?) I finally called the school and found out he’d been suspended for a day and I needed to pick him up… So I’m working from home today (thus the WFH). It’s kind of cool, because I don’t get drive by’s all day and get all distracted and such, but it’s difficult to call into meetings and add any value. I was incredibly productive, though – closed lots of tickets and answered lots of emails in between screaming GET BACK IN YOUR ROOM! and FINISH PICKING UP!...

Tomorrow, I’m happy to say, I’m back at work and will actually be AT work. Like physically located there. Kind of sad that I’m looking forward to that…

I’m being beckoned. Later!

No comments: