Sunday, September 16, 2007

My new car (no, Truck? no - Crossover? YES!)


Finally went to drive the Ford Edge yesterday after thoroughly washing and vacuuming the Mustang, then borrowing my neighbor's car to go get a new battery for my car. Yes, we also have the Expedition, but it wouldn't start either. Guess why? Battery... It's been one of those months, er, several months... Remember the sandy hill? Yeah, it just keeps getting steeper.

So I've been drooling over the "luxury" cars - well, crossover SUVs. But before that, I'd been eyeballing Ford's new cutie, but haven't ever been at an open Ford dealer to drive one until yesterday. I REALLY liked it!! I drove a red one (trying to get a picture up..) which happened to be a demo (by the way, D-E-M-O spells D-I-S-C-O-U-N-T) with just shy of 5000 miles on it. It's a 2007, Fire Red with Black Leather, and it is just so darn cute!!! They're giving me $9500 for my trade in, plus there are a few rebates, Ford loyalty bonuses or some crap like that, so it brings what was a $31K vehicle down to around $25K. Not bad for a brand new car, well Crossover - we paid more than that for the Mustang when we bought it. Anyhoo, it's a V6 (remember I have a 15 year old learning to drive), has all the airbags imaginable (remember I have a 15 year old learning to drive), and has earned 5 stars in the crash safety test (did I mention I have a 15 year old learning to drive?). It has some kind of advanced stability trac system, a 6 CD changer, a huge center console with lots of cool little trays and organization thingies, climate and radio control on the steering wheel, one touch thingy to make the rear seats fold down, leather seats, lots of other little things I'll never notice, and shiny wheels (the shiny wheels are VERY important - I really like those!). The only thing it didn't have that I wanted was a sun roof (moon roof?), but there's a possibility of making that happen, we'll see.

Basically, we're down to the hard part - financing. I went late Saturday afternoon, and they couldn't get a person to talk to about my "shades of grey". Our credit is definitely improving, but still not great, so the finance guy says if he can talk to a real person as opposed to a computer, he can get 'er done. So I should be getting a call on Monday, and hopefully leave work early to go get my new car!!!!! (This is the picture - obviously Ford's picture, not mine...)

No comments: