Monday, September 3, 2007

Today we paint... Well, I paint

So our bathroom has been completely ripped apart for about 2 months. Luckily, we have two bathrooms, but it still sucks to have four people using the same bathroom and three of us cycling showers every morning now that school is back in. Not to mention the fact that the functional bathroom is in my bedroom, so every time the kids have to pee in the middle of the night, we get a knock and MOOOMMMM, CAN I USE THE BATHROOM? At least they knock...

Anyways, my house was built in '74, so it's as old as I am. I'm fairly certain that the tile we (ok, Danny) just ripped out of there was original, though right before I bought the house, it appears that someone attempted to regrout it, and did a crappy job. So, 7 years in the house, and the tile in the hall bath was about ready to fall off the wall. I said it out loud several times in jest, and one evening while I was working late, my husband must have been bored and tried it out. He gave the soap dish a light yank, and a V shaped section of tile from the soap dish to each high corner of the tub area fell into the tub as I'd jokingly predicted. Long story short, when I got home that night, the bathroom was completely gutted. COMPLETELY. Right down to the mildewy moldy studs. Gutted.

Danny bleached the living crap out of the bathroom, and we purchased a new tub and toilet. Over the next couple of weeks, Danny set the tub, put up the drywall. We made three seperate trips to Lowe's for me to pick out tile - I knew what I wanted, I just couldn't find it at a price that was acceptable to me... By the third trip we knew what tile and pattern we (ok, I) wanted, I just needed a border that I liked that wasn't going to cost as much as the rest of the tile. Mission accomplished. Found my border, bought the tile, and Danny put it on the wall Friday (I got a day off! Woo-hoo!!). On Sunday, he textured the walls, and today I paint! I'm SOOOO excited! Not really at the prospect of painting a bathroom, I can't wait to see the finished product... I'll post pictures soon...

No comments: